Control Your Own Site (CMS)
What is Content Management System (CMS)?
A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows the publishing, editing, modifying and deleting of content as well as maintenance from a central interface.
The websites we create run on powerful 'open source' Content Managment Systems (CMS). CMS' offers you full editorial control over your website, plus the ability to add images/videos. Open source CMS' have no ongoing costs (unless you require us to provide ongoing support, updates, backups or training).
Content Managment Systems (CMS) can be used as tools to keep your site fresh and up to date. Typically a CMS, depending on your requirements, will allow you to:
- Add/Edit/Delete/Reorder all pages.
- Add/Edit/Delete News articles.
- Add/Edit/Delete/Reorder Slideshows.
- Add/Edit/Delete/Reorder Photo Gallerys.
- Add/Edit/Delete Blog Posts.
- Add/Edit/Delete Glossary Terms / Glossary pages.
- Add/Edit/Delete Products.
Content Management Systems and Search Engine Optimisation
More importantly CMS' allow for the continual 'Search Engine Optimisation' (SEO) of your website. This is done by continually adding content to your site. We believe that those with adequate PC skills can be self-sufficient in content addition and SEO through the use of a CMS.
When we demo your new website to you and teach you to use your CMS, we will talk about:
- Traditional SEO - technical strategies and tactics (keywords, keyword placment, H1 tags, meta-data, page links, etc.)
- Long-tail keywords - their importance with examples on how they can be used.
- SEO for User Intent and writing content for semantic search results.